Wednesday 30 October 2013


Thinner veil

Today was a really crap day for me.  I am tired and just totally overwhelmed at the moment, trying to catch up with life after a few days in hospital with my daughter.  I felt as though I was in a flooding river that was just racing along and I couldn't seem to find the slow side stream to just catch my breath.  It felt like the river was just gathering an ever increasing speed and heading towards a almighty waterfall, carrying me with it!! 

I actually just hated today really and even had my seven year old wrap me over the knuckles, as only she can do in her fiery Leo manner.  With tears of frustration and anger, she told me how I was suppose to be sitting down with her and helping her with her project and not be doing other things!!  Reality check!! 

Reflecting while preparing supper, I even thought about how much I hated this year (with my dad dying in June after his five month stint in hospital) and how it has been my worst year ever.  I also happened to tell that to my gorgeous new sister-in-law, forgetting how exciting this year has been for her as she married my brother-in-law in July and hosted us to a magnificent few days in Beirut for her wedding this year!!  Oops.

Then, that same beautiful daughter of mine, pointed outside to me after dinner and said, "look mom!"  While I had seen it, I had not really taken note of how beautiful the light outside was. The attempted storm had blown over, and in the early evening had left the most magnificent light!!  I stopped what I was doing right then and there, kicked off my shoes and went and sat outside on the soft green grass for a couple of minutes taking it all in and catching my breath in that slow side stream. 

Everything just looked and felt totally different and I too felt totally different - almost as if we were not quite part of this world.  The trees and grass had a different vibe and to me, for those few minutes, it felt as if the veil between our world and another world was thinner and I could just feel a bit of the magic ...


2 comments:

  1. Shew, Pasci, sounds like you need some holding, my friend. Sending you lots of love. And well done for being so aware of your needs and following through with them. Your tribe is here for you.....come and land softly in our folds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave, beautiful and vulnerable tale... keep believing in magic my friend! big huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete