Friday 25 October 2013

Synchronicity and Dejavu!


I find it quite ironic that last night I blogged about breathing and then today I had to admit my daughter to hospital because she was battling to breathe!!!  

This only happened once before in July and she came right but today was different - she was really unhappy and our homeopath was away! The GP's advice was to admit her to hospital to get some her some oxygen, be nebulised and be treated.  So we did and i found myself brewing with anger as all the memories of my dad being in hospital came flooding back.   My breathing must have been really shallow!!

Apparently, anger is 'better' than fear as it is higher up on the map of consciousness!  My dear friends prompted me to look deeper into my anger, which i did and it all came out in a powerful text message while waiting for the doctor (dejavu) and I realised that it stemmed from my memories of when my dad was in hospital; from being in a place in which I felt deeply uncomfortable, disempowered, disconnected, helpless, not fully trusting of and having to go with radical choices, because we had no real other choice. We were sucked deeper and deeper into disempowerment and helplessness and left reeling in the end.  While the two scenarios are different, the setting is the same ... Waiting hours for doctors; having to sterilize your hands all the time; drips at 70ml an hour; nurses talking loudly; nurses waking you every two hours for medication and nebulisation; x-rays; waiting for test results; lights on all the time ; telephones ringing ... It just does not feel like a place of  calm and healing to me; a place of breathing deeply and allowing the body's powerful healing wisdom to kick in.  Amazing, just that one text message where I voiced my anger and cried it out and breathed a little deeper, a big hug from my hubby and other daughter and I felt calmer and more empowered again. 

So we created a little sanctuary behind our blue curtain with a lavender candle, some rose quartz, and calm healing music - all which allowed us to breathe more deeply and feel more calm and connected!! 

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Pasci! Such clarity and wisdom from such pain. I am sure you could share many lessons from this one event.

    You beat this one up!! (with your lavender candle and rose quartz, of course) Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete