Tuesday 29 October 2013

A Little Bit of Pasci Bizarre ...

Our circle group had the most magical morning today as we played with our creativity.  

Anne (check out her blog, http://snowanne.blogspot.com/) who led the group this morning, had an envelope for each one of us to choose and in it was a piece of paper with a face that she had created, on it, some quotes, a torn out page from a French book, and beautiful tissue paper.  Then with a bit of guidance and examples   we were left unto our own creative devices using the following exciting art materials ....

- acrylic and water colour paint,
- watercolour pencils and crayons,
- inks,
- puff paint,  
- gesso,
- mod podge (don't you just LURVE that name) glue,
- watercolour paper, 

 

The little girl in me was doing cartwheels and back flips and just loving every minute of it!!  Wow!!  I came out of that session feeling young, inspired, excited about life and quite liberated actually!! Of course yesterday I was slightly nervous of it as we do have some really creative, 'arty-farty' people in our group and I went through the "what-if-I-can't-do-it' stress.  I even had a dream about it; that I was the only one who didn't finish their piece of art!!  Wow - the underlying fears we all have!  

But we started out the morning with a magical 20 min video of Elizabeth Gilbert (who wrote "Eat Pray Love.") all about showing up and the creative genius.  It is really worth watching.  Here is a link to it,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA  After that, and with Anne's gentle encouragement, we were really inspired to just play and there was magic all around!

Anyway, here is my gorgeous piece of work - I just love my creative genie - she's magical and definitely rings of Pasci Bizarre!!




The quote at the bottom which you can't see in the photo is, "The moment in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place, " Barbara De Angelis.

Anne - thank you for the most magical morning.  You are so inspiring. Mwah!!

2 comments:

  1. Mwah right back Pasci Bizarre, you rock ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you all had such a fantastic time with Anne; isn't she just great... :) I love your card an quote.

    ReplyDelete