Monday 16 September 2013

My Weekend Red Tent

I've just had an absolutely gloriously DIVINE weekend away with my women's circle group.  The environment was so magnificent and I feel truly blessed to have been able to enjoy such a wondrous piece of paradise. My soul has been nourished, pampered, fed and loved and it was just magical.  I can actually see and feel how my energy is vibrating at a totally different level - it feels like it is just oozing love!  I am so grateful for this unique and special group of women who have come into my life.


Fun on the beach!
A few years ago my hubby read "Anticancer" by David Servan- Schreiber, and read about some research done by David Speigel on women who had been diagnosed with breast cancer and the impact that the support groups they formed had on their coping abilities, recovery and survival. The study shows that those women who where part of a group where they spoke openly and honestly about about their life, their fears, the cancer, how they were feeling etc. lived longer and coped better than those who were not part of a support group. He even observed a difference in those who had attended sporadically and those who had attended regularly.  He links the findings back to Satre and Kiekergaard's idea about people being able to be as authentic as possible and that in confronting the fear of death, human beings become fully themselves.   I was blown away by that research and also so delighted as I feel that my circle groups give women the opportunity to be as real as possible, to become fully themselves, to stand in their truth and live life fully ALIVE!

Jump for JOY!!
This quote by Louise Bernikow sums it up so beautifully;  "Female friendships that work are those in which women help each other to belong to themselves." 

Thank you so much girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment