Friday 7 February 2014

My Favourite Tree in the Local Village

I love trees.  There is something magical about them.  I drive passed this tree at least fives times a week, numerous times a day and I have loved it ever since we moved here.  I need to find out the name of it, but whatever it maybe it certainly brightens my day at this time of the year watching it come into bloom!

A local has set up a little take-away shop in it's shade and here are some people buying snacks on their way home from work today.  (Wish I could have moved the car out of the way!)


2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love those trees too! though i'm always a little sad when they bloom because it means the summer is coming to an end... i used to call them Brazilian Kapoks but it seems that this is the real name http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceiba_speciosa (yes the nerd in me is extremely nosy ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Anne!! I love the nosy nerd because I didn't have to look it up myself! I think I prefer the one common name, Silk Floss Tree - sounds like a tree in a fairy tale! Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete